Friday 10 August 2018

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT OF UGANDA.

Dear Hon. Members, the issue of identity is very important. Today, if you were to make a census of Ugandans whose name is William Kiwanuka, you would be surprised.
I have just made a search on Facebook and I counted 42 with that name.
I learnt that a son of our villagemate had died in London. The name of the son is Allan Mubiru. I tried a search on Facebook to see whether I could identify Allan Mubiru. I counted 47 people registered as Allan Mubiru!
As members of Parliament, do us a service. Originate a Private Members' Bill to help ease identity.
The Parliament of Uganda takes a lot of time in politicking, but with increasing population, identity of Ugandans is very important.
I am of the opinion that such a bill should stipulate that each Ugandan who is alive has a minimal of a name made of three parts: The Religious, the clan identity and any other.
I do not want to waste much time on this. It is obvious that it can ease identity.
In the photo is Late Allan Mubiru. A search on Facebook gave me 47 Allan Mubiru's!
May his soul rest in peace.


1 comment:

  1. A family therapist can help people in different ways. They can provide the space for you to talk about what is bothering you and help you find ways of coping with your problems. They can also help couples or families who are going through difficulties by working on communication skills and other issues that may be affecting the relationship.
    Pre Marriage Therapy

    ReplyDelete