Thursday 6 April 2023

AGRICULTURE IS A VERY VIABLE EMPLOYER OF THE UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES IN UGANDA.

It is very frustrating reading books and passing well only to find that nobody is interested in your skill. Many youth get very disappointed after the job hunting experience for jobs which are not there. It is not abnormal, after one has graduated and on failing to get a job, desperately joins the ranks of House helpers in the Arab world.

It is very important for a graduate to get to appreciate that jobs are not there. Secondly, to think wisely of the next step.

Personal employment is the way forward. In Uganda, we have agricultural land, many areas have two rainy season, and it is true, land is a renewable resource.

Having got whatever qualifications, if one choses to join Agriculture as the means to earn a living, it is important for one to be ready to learn new innovations in Agriculture. Google resources can be very helpful, also getting in touch with professionals in the area of Agricultural enterprise undertakings can greatly help in enhancing one’s knowledge in the scientific management of Agricultural enterprises for profit.

In 2022, I had done fundraising for 12 years having started in 2010. Some people in Uganda can be frustrating. When I raised billions equivalent in shillings for my intention to stand for President of Uganda, some people imagined that it was their time to get free money. They intercepted my communication such that I was not able to access even a shilling out of what I raised.

Up to 2022, I had made 4 fundraising (s) out of which I was not given chance to access a coin. In 2022, when I realized that I had no chance to access funds I raise from outside Uganda, I decided to utilize my plot which is 100 x 100ft to eventually produce most of my food requirements. I would by now be in office at Namutamba supervising projects to enhance the welfare for those in the community, unfortunately, some people denied me access to funds that would have helped me in driving innovations home in Namutamba Parish (Mityana District).

I accepted that it was time to close the chapter of fundraising for the benefit of others and instead concentrate on some gardening for personal food requirements.

I started with planting Banana suckers. I also planted 3 Cassava cuttings on my Birthday in October 2022. My plot was degraded by youth who are brick makers. These used a lot of topsoil in making bricks. I have had the challenge of gradually improving the soil using vegetable matter and also managing soil erosion. Instead, I am able to arrest running water which carries soil from elsewhere and hold the runoff water so that some of it remains in my garden.

Our youth, times are hard, however, instead of waking up daily, asking for transport money to look for jobs which are not there, time is ripe for any graduate who can access land, to get interest in growing food for the market.

I believe some parents may have capacity to buy some land for their son or daughter who may express interest in taking Agriculture as a viable employment option.

Agriculture done Scientifically can be paying. That is my parental advice to graduates who are job seeking.















No comments:

Post a Comment