Saturday 8 April 2023

TO THE YOUTH OF UGANDA: ARE YOU UNEMPLOYED BY EASTER 2023, YOU SHOULD BE EARNING FROM YOUR GARDEN BY EASTER 2024.

By early September 2022, I was a frustrated man after fundraising for 12 years and not allowed to access a coin of the money I raised. I realized that fundraising on my part in Uganda did not have any future as other people who see themselves entitled and are connected were reaping from my energy and brains.

Early October 2022, I changed my outlook to life. I realized I had to make another approach to life. I decided to work on a garden. I bought Banana suckers from Kawanda Research Centre, a few fruit trees. I am happy when I spend time in the garden. I have found managing running water after rain very useful. On my Birthday in October 2022, I planted 3 stems of Cassava. When I look at these stems, I am sure, any youth who wakes up to beg for money to look for jobs can reduce the frustration by concentrating on using land. Land is a renewable resource. Where I am, youth did a lot of burning of bricks hence top soil was victim. I am able to work on the soil that remained and I am seeing results.

The rainy season is currently on in most parts of Uganda. I urge the youth to get in love with farming or agriculture immediately after Easter Monday 2023. It can be very profitable when done scientifically. They will thank me after.

I have no better message for the unemployed youth. Stop wishing to go outside Uganda to be employed in doing whatever type of jobs. Stop waking up and move from office to office for jobs which are not there. Those people you beg for transport can surely better support you as you manage your agricultural enterprises.
















Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment