Tuesday 7 June 2022

THE WAY PRESIDENT MUSEVENI HANDLES THE PROCEEDS TO MY FUNDRAISING (S) FOR PRESIDENT SHOULD NOT ADD TO HIS POLITICAL MISTAKES.

 PRESIDENT MUSEVENI HAS MADE A NUMBER OF MISTAKES IN HIS POLITICAL CAREER, BUT WHERE FUNDS I RAISED ARE CONCERNED, HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THE CORRECT THING.


While President Museveni’s political interests started back while he was still in school, it is true that by 1966, he had started real mobilization of people he was to work with in order to realize his political dreams. Being human, President Museveni must have made a number of mistakes in his political career to - date.


Leaving the other political mistakes he may have made alone, I am really bothered about his challenge of managing a situation where I came out smartly with a strategy to raise funds so that I would contest the Presidency in 2011 and 2016. I must say that though I have never accessed a dollar of what I raised, I was overwhelmed to learn that the response was good, and may be, that goes to explain why some people schemed instead to steal all the money I raised.


I want to be clear here. When a person fundraises from outside sources, in the case of Uganda where money should be credited on one’s bank account, we talk about a SWIFT CODE. Each of the commercial banks in Uganda has a SWIFT CODE. So, one sends the name of his bank, the SWIFT CODE and bank account number, could include name of the branch. That information guides the one sending the money.


My funds were handled fraudulently: My communication was interfered with so that I could not hear from the sender, and in the course of 2010, I found myself unable to access my Hotmail Account. So, in 2010 Cairo International Bank was able to get remittances for the credit of my account: 000686 - Ultra Simplex Enterprises, but they kept me in the dark until the last moment when I had to resign with Nominations as I did not have the monetary resources to get involved in the exercise. 


The Government of Uganda cannot okay such an undertaking, as it has the potential of killing future funds remittances to Uganda.


Secondly, sharing funds raised by any person when not the rightful beneficiaries is equally criminal. What I seem to see is that those involved in these undertakings are not seen as criminals, instead the person who raised the much needed hard currency into Uganda has ended up suffering the consequences!


I don’t know whether President Museveni did not know that I had received so much funds in 2010. Then followed by 2015, when I sent out fundraising appeals through the whole of 2015.


However, even if he did not know about it, in 2020 I went out full swing publicizing my situation.


The President as a parent should have known that I put in a lot of brain work to raise that money. Secondly, that fundraising to stand for President is legal, and that he also benefits from contributions by individuals whenever he is to stand for the Presidency. And that I don’t have a criminal record say of supporting rebels or mobilizing for such. My transactions as regards raising the money were transparent and anybody who wished could see them on the Internet where they are still running.


Against the above background, the President should have ensured that I recover at least some of the money I raised. That is the justice that should prevail.


The web addresses to my fundraising are:


http://williamkituuka.blogspot.com/2010/09/kind-appeal-for-moral-support-and_01.html?m=1


http://billkiwanuka.blogspot.com/2014/10/kiwanuka-kituuka-for-2016-uganda.html?m=1


http://kiwanukaofunityinafederateduganda.blogspot.com/2015/05/kiwanuka-kituukas-appeal-for-financial_7.html?m=1


It is common knowledge that many projects and programs in Uganda are donor funded. When you go to Health, Foreign Governments put in a lot, there are also international organizations like UNICEF, NGOs Incorporated outside Uganda. We have the World Bank, IMF just to mention some. That clearly shows that Uganda needs hard currency remittances to boost its local development initiatives. If that is so, how does it come to be that instead, when I manage to convince donors to get money to Uganda, the powers that be decide to punish me?


Many Ugandans do not know what I am going through. After I was frustrated since 2020 in communicating to various office holders in Uganda to help my case and I did not get helped, I thought that with Rt. Hon. Nabbanja, I would get positive response. I opened up for Nabbanja. I told her what I am going through, to - date, I have not got any communication from her!


Going back to President Museveni’s political mistakes, seeing me suffer when my communication was interfered with and then some people ended up benefitting from my toil is I think inexcusable. 


Uganda needs Foreign currency, I brought the money not after a business deal, but just convinced people and organizations and they parted with the money. It is wrong for the President to sit back and does not act. Accessing my funds was illegally done, and secondly, if there were any issues, these would have been communicated to me on a case by case basis. Government cannot cover up people who in the eyes of the law are criminals.


I belong to Church of Uganda and believe President Museveni also belongs to Church of Uganda, at least he confesses to be a good Christian. If that is so, why should he give injustice to me chance because this could be the reason he may not qualify for heaven. The injustice to me is clear for all who bother to see.


I wish to call upon President Museveni not to add my case to the mistakes he may he made in his political career. There is absolutely no reason why I am suffering as people who did not contribute to my efforts of raising funds feast. God cannot be happy with them, and I think if they are properly advised they can survive His wrath.


President Museveni, I believe this is a test case for you. I don’t think the way I am treated after raising so much money is the way you would have loved to be treated if you were the one who fundraised. I am suffering yet I should not be suffering. The would be major beneficiaries  - the people of Namutamba Parish are in absolute poverty. Given my training, I have the key to see them gradually move to better circumstances. You have the key. I pray you use it in a just way which God approves.


I rest my case.


No comments:

Post a Comment