Sunday 14 May 2023

IN LOVING MEMORY OF SAM SEMWANGA

I got to know Sam Semwanga in 1990. He was a staff of the then Kampala City Council (KCC) in the Revenue Department. Sam was a jolly and very social gentleman. I cannot forget the help he gave me when I found myself out of work in May 1991. Sam was there for me. He is one guy out of the few to whom I would share my problems on becoming jobless. Sam would get the money and help me out. I remember instance when I found him without physical cash, and he would go to the bank and get some money to help me. Sam was the type who would ring me, ask how I was doing, and on a number of occasions tell me to call on him for financial help. 4 years ago, on 13th January, 2019 the good Lord decided to call Sam while in South Africa where he had gone for a visit. There people who I treasured so much while alive and I greatly miss them as they are no more. Sam is one of them. He had a big heart for me. I pray that Sam Semwanga’s family gets comfort in the Lord for “He cares”. Sam I greatly miss you. May you keep Resting In Peace Daniel Muhumuza Nuweabine of KCCA wrote: “I worked with Sam as a colleague and later as his supervisor. His work ethic, integrity and love for colleagues, City and Country were hard to match. Money didn't bother him but accomplishments defined him. Public servants like him are truly rare these days. Thank you William for raising memories of Sam. May Sam continue to Rest in peace”. Patricia Nansubuga of KCCA wrote: “I happened to know the Late Ssemwanga in 2018. Sam was a jolly person, approachable, a person you would feel really comfortable around them. Sam always spoke his mind and most importantly, a do-gooder who encouraged others to do the same. I learnt so much from him and the little time we spent together were full of joy and happiness, a chatterbox as he always spoke about so many things including his old school life time. Sam encouraged me to work hard, develop myself socially and academically. We became so close towards the end of 2018 and I remember in December he called to say goodbye as he was hopping on a plane to South Africa for holidays, little did I know he was bidding farewell. Sam always beamed with pride whenever he spoke about me, my performance in the directorate of revenue and prayed for a promotion. He was indeed a special person and work colleague. I'm glad that we spoke extensively, laughed as always and bid ourselves that last good bye. Sam, you are greatly missed. ​May his family find solace in the Lord. Sam continue to Rest In Peace !”

No comments:

Post a Comment