Tuesday 1 March 2016

I AM A BIT DISTURBED THAT FDC HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO PRESENT A CASE TO COURT OVER THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS.



I have listened to the reasons advanced by FDC for not going to court.  I must say, as one who had wanted to contest but unfortunately the NRM failed my funding that, FDC ought to be more serious.

While on CBS 88.8FM before polling, Dr. Kizza Besigye surprised me when he said that we needed to liberate the country, and so, he appealed to those who were to supervise the voting as candidate representatives to sacrifice.  Surely, with the type of money NRM is known to dish, FDC should have taken this as a priority area so that at least shs 20,000 would have been organized in advance for this category.  Poor as many of the candidate representatives, you cannot expect them not to be induced by NRM money.

When I hear of excuses of not having all the declaration forms, I really cannot understand the whole game FDC was involved in.  When I put up an appeal for Shs 60bn to help me to be able to contest with President Museveni  I was not joking.  That is the type of cost you can plan for to effectively contest the presidency in Uganda.

Finally, I cannot buy the excuse that because the candidate has been under police custody, the party was unable to collect evidence.  This is the lack of seriousness.  Was the candidate to collect the evidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment