Wednesday 12 October 2022

SOMEONE SO CLOSE TO ME ASKED ME VERY EARLY ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12 THE PLAN I HAD FOR MY BIRTHDAY.




My answer was: “I will be preparing where to plant some few Cassava stems and some two stems of Gowa Sugar canes for the memory of my Birthday”. 

His response: “Okay that sounds like a plan”.

My reaction: “Yes. That will be good enough for me. If anything, I will take my Tea but will not leave home at all. Being alive and having people who care is enough no other celebration”.

His reaction: “Okay”.

I seriously wanted to plant some Cassava stems, Gowa Sugar Cane Stems and lastly, some Irish Potatoes.

I had requested a gentleman to help me till where I was to plant Cassava and the Gowa Sugar Cane. Unfortunately, by 9.00am, the guy was nowhere to be seen. I later located him weeding someone else’s Beans. I could not question him.

I religiously embarked on the tilling. My strategy in all is to tap runoff rain water. By the time I had a break for lunch, I was sure that I would at least plant 7 stems of Cassava and I was determined to plough another piece where I would put the Sugar cane stems.

By the Grace of God, I had the courage to go back to my small garden. I however checked on the guy who had not turned up as requested. I wanted him to help me with a Spade and a Panga. He said, “sorry, I was unable to come”.

I needed the spade to help me manage the soil so as to leave a clean channel for runoff water which I want to tap.

I was able to plant 7 stems. Thereafter, I worked on a nearby piece to have the 2 Sugar Cane Stems I readily had.

I was able to plant the Sugar Cane Stems and also had a water channel that would direct runoff water to the canes.

I realized that I had a place which did not need a lot of effort for me to plant a few Irish Potatoes.

I thank God for He enabled me fulfill my wish for my Birthday. Whenever I will look

at those plants, I will remember that they were planted on my Birthday of 2022.

I have a challenge that I have taken a number of decades off the hoe. And, for the last 12 years, I have been actively writing Proposals for Funding: Fundraising, including twice to stand for President of Uganda in 2011 and 2016. In all instances where I fundraising for my own projects, the powers that be: Those who are entitled for whom we are slaves decided to share the proceeds to all my fundraising.

Surely, I cannot keep fundraising for the mafia. I this time decided to drop the pen and my blog making skills and resorted to simple life of handling a hoe to grow food for my consumption.

Life for some of us is just that. I cannot imagine that I have raised money through my efforts for 12 years, but people have never got the shame that someone struggles with putting down ideas and he looks for donors.

That is the country Uganda where some people resorted to reap where they did not sow.

Meanwhile, I have the assurance that all who have been unjust to me will be sorted by the Almighty Who created all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment