Wednesday 30 April 2014

I WILL NOT BUY A VILLAGE ID FOR SHS 5,000 TO REGISTER FOR A NATIONAL ID.

I am sorry to ask, why does the Government of Uganda inconvenience people who have Voter Cards to go through the current registration process where about 20 people are registered a day?  Can a person spend a whole week without work for the sake of getting registered?  What is a fact is that many well positioned jobs in Uganda require people with Masters Degree.  What is the logic when they cannot plan well?  This morning I called at a registration site which opened just this week and may be open for one more or two days, I was required to have a Village card at shs 5,000 before I could proceed to fill forms.  Is the Ministry aware of this?  Mind you, this is a place I have been in since 2004 and the Chairman LC 1 has been the same yet this is my home sub - county!  I happen to be a voter is the same Parish only that the polling stations differ.   I have my Voter card but have been told first to purchase the village card which unfortunately I will not.

Can the Ministry of Internal Affairs clarify.  Why do we have to go through a badly planned activity as if we have nothing else to do? Much as National IDs are crucial, let us have an exercise which is well planned and is not time consuming.  How can LC's use this as a money minting exercise?  This is in Bweya central LC1 within Kitende Parish, Sissa Sub - county.

No comments:

Post a Comment