Tuesday 19 January 2016

WHO SAID THAT 19,000 CHILDREN REGISTERED FOR UPE BUT DID NOT SIT THE EXAMINATIONS?



When Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) released the 2015 Primary Leaving Examination results, what was unbelievable is the number 19,000 allegedly registered children who did not sit for final examinations.  


At 1st I thought that I had heard wrongly, but at least I realized that some other people had also heard the same.  I wanted to confirm from the news reports; unfortunately, nothing like the 19,000 figure was anywhere.

The fact and truth of the matter is that the figure 19,000 CANNOT be.

I get to imagine that this is Uganda where such a figure can be mentioned and the following day it is business as usual.

The only way 19,000 children may have not sat for the final examinations is that in the first place those children were really not there.  I get to imagine that some people sat down and thought of a method through which they would eat free money.  Since Government pays for the UPE children, getting a figure of say 17,000 not turning up yet when they have been incorporated is not bad as free money.  

No comments:

Post a Comment