Friday 18 February 2022

IT IS BEST TO AVOID EXCESSES WHEN CLOSE TO POWER.

 MANY PEOPLE WHO FIND THEMSELVES NEAR POLITICAL POWER IN UGANDA NEVER LEARN.


I have had opportunity to see Presidents from Obote 1, Idi Amin, Obote 2 and Lutwa whose time was really short in office of President.


Unfortunately, people close to power circles never learn. They mistreat people and all sorts of Human Rights violations. This is unfortunate. 


There is need for those close to power in any regime to be reasonable. That is when one can be safe and possibly remain around after regime change.


For 12 and 7 years respectively now, I have failed to get to terms with people who decided to deny me what is due to me when I fundraised to stand for President of Uganda. We look at some people and see them as our brothers and sisters, unfortunately, some of them are so inhuman and very insensitive. 


A person schemes to get money through donations to our impoverished Uganda and a group of people decide to steal all this money! They have the question they are good at: Show us evidence that money was sent to you. The same people have machinery to ensure that you do not keep touch with your donors. This is sad.


Not long ago, I wondered why some people with a lot of resources, air conditioned offices, chauffeur driven cars are so prone to terminal illness. My findings are that it is mainly because of the role they play in manipulating things.


You imagine a Commercial Bank Manager telling you how you did not raise funds internationally. Well knowing that they decided to deny you access to the funds you raised legally and did everything in a clean way. This greed is a very unfortunate development in Uganda. The greed where people have no shame at all to do such robbery.


I always wonder, why of all people in Uganda I am going through this type of experience.


I will never forget, while we were in S6 at St. Mary’s College, Kisubi Amin saw himself as a big military power. He became a threat to Uganda’s neighbors. Unknown to him, that was the vehicle which led to his exist to exile. We were taken by surprise when Tanzania mobilized forces and ‘Saba Saba’ as they call it pushed the guy’s forces as if they were no army Amin was proud of.


As long as you are not God, but a creature by him, try to do everything in acceptable limits. You can never know the miracle that will lead to your downfall.


I have to endure a lot of suffering. Since 2010, I have never been able to access a coin of the resources I have raised out of Uganda. Instead some people are comfortable, they have bought houses and built all types of mansions as well as other business undertakings. Some of these are very generous donating to schools, the Churches, Health facilities, Rotary to mention but a few. Meanwhile, I am struggling to survive. And, when you see guys involved in such dirty deals complain of terminal sicknesses, to some of them, God induces pain through such channels in payment for their ‘being bad and indifferent to others, more so reaping where they did not sow.


I always wonder: Of all people, why am I facing so much injustice during President Museveni’s time? And, the matters are worsened when existing channels for justice fail to cooperate.


But for all my challenges and injustice, I leave all to God.





No comments:

Post a Comment