Wednesday 11 January 2023

I WILL ASK FOR FUNDS I RAISED UNTIL I BREATH MY LAST.

WHEN I WROTE TO UGANDA CABINET.

To: Uganda Cabinet

By William Kituuka Kiwanuka

Date: January 5, 2021

RE: SEEKING THE ATTENTION OF THE CABINET OF UGANDA TO HELP IN RESOLVING MY FUNDRAISING ISSUES WITH BOTH CAIRO BANK (2010) AND ABSA (2015) WHICH ARE OUTSTANDING FOR 11 AND 6 YEARS RESPECTIVELY.

My failure to access the proceeds to my fundraising for President of Uganda in 2010 and 2015 has given me the biggest challenge in my life. I do not understand why I am facing the biggest injustice. My problems started in September 2010 when I wrote to Bank of Uganda stating my problem as per the letter attached (ATTACHMENT No. 1), but they never responded, and I resigned since as supervisors to Commercial Banks they did not help. The second time when I contacted Bank of Uganda was when I sent an email dated 11th January 2015 subject matter: “AN OPEN LETTER REGARDING FUNDRAISING OF SHS 60BN FOR MY PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN”. Even then, there was no response from Bank of Uganda. However, in August 2020, I decided to send an email to the attention of the Deputy Governor Bank of Uganda stating my complaint that I had failed to access funds I raised through Cairo Bank and ABSA Bank.

The Bank responded by sending my complaints to both banks. However, though I proposed an independent audit by Bank of Uganda, as banks involved in a fraud cannot be asked to audit themselves, in the communication from the Acting Director Public Relations Bank of Uganda, it was clear that Bank of Uganda had not undertaken an independent audit, meaning that no progress has been registered.

It is important to note that the funds I raised actually happen to be part of the Cairo Bank fraud dubbed the “Pension Scam”, and the courts of law pronounced themselves on the matter, however, this was ‘against false claims and evidence”. The Attachment No.4 is an extract from the proceedings of the Court case and I wish to quote:  “In his judgment Justice Lawrence Gidudu noted that the money was fraudulently paid to former employees of the defunct East African Community Board. He also said that the sh88.2b was siphoned through a syndicate which was initiated at the ministry of public service, modified at the ministry of finance, perfected at the Bank of Uganda and executed by Cairo Bank”.

When I wrote to the Deputy Governor, I knew very well that Bank of Uganda serves the role of Supervisor to Commercial Banks. The Banks in this case: Cairo Bank and ABSA had a role in facilitating fraud where funds due to me ended up benefitting other people. As supervisor of Banks, the role of Bank of Uganda in this case is: “To institute an independent inquiry into the transactions that were meant to the credit of my accounts that were not”.

My matter is clear. I was able to send out hundreds of emails appealing for support. 

I did not have any ill motive given that the objectives of my fundraising were:

1.      I saw it as a golden opportunity of raising funds to Uganda to help the welfare of Ugandans since many were to benefit from the funds;

2.      I wanted to show my potential in contributing to knowledge and possible projects that could benefit Ugandans to help boost the national economy.

3.      I saw it as an easy way to raise funds to help the local economic development efforts of Namutamba Parish (Mityana District) where I grew but has greatly declined in a number of indicators.

In the circumstances, I wish to appeal to the Cabinet of Uganda to intervene in this matter. When I set out to fundraise, I was equally planning for my retirement. I knew the funds raised were to help me establish in Namutamba and help the Local Economic Development sustainably given that I studied Rural Economy as part of my degree package. I feel so bad when I get to Mityana and I have to take a boda boda to Namutamba (12 – 13miles) yet when in the 1970’s and 80’s the taxis were readily available. I feel so bad when my former primary school: Namutamba Demonstration School is unable to get a single 1st grade in Primary Leaving Examinations, when in 1973 we made 7 1st grades.

I appeal to the Cabinet of Uganda to intervene in this matter where I am currently treated as if I were a non entity. I believe no member of Cabinet would leave a close family member to suffer my fate. I therefore appeal to you given that each of you subscribes to some religion to do justice to my case. 

SOME SMALL DETAIL ABOUT THE TWO BANK ACCOUNTS:

I happened to open an Account with Cairo International Bank when the Bank was on Sure House Building in Kampala. The Account: ULTRA SIMPLEX ENTERPRISES – 000686 was to help me among other things have where to deposit cheques from those who advertised with my Career Tips Magazine. With time, business became difficult and the Account became dormant.

In 2010, I got an idea to contest for President of Uganda. I worked on a Blog which currently runs as: A Kind Appeal for Moral Support and Funding for my Independent Presidential Candidate bid.

http://hecarethforyou.blogspot.com/2020/11/a-kind-appeal-for-moral-support-and.html

This web address gives the content of my appeal for President of Uganda for 2011. I had a challenge of a bank account to use to collect the proceeds of my fundraising. I decided to go to Cairo International Bank which had re – located to where Greenland Bank used to be on Greenland Bank Building – Kampala road. I was referred to the Manager on 1st Floor who was in charge of Dormant Accounts among other duties. I told him that I wanted to have my account re – instated so that I use it to collect proceeds to my fundraising. He agreed. I was then able to send out appeal emails worldwide with the web address of my Blog included. I got the skill to send out Email appeals from Regional Partnership for Resource Development (REPARED) whose contacts are: John Chikati, IFDM Gardens, Ngong Road, Nairobi, P.O. Box 5027-00506, +254 387 28 23. These people used to send to me literature to do with fundraising when I was Chairman: Makerere University Private Students’ Parents’ Association (MUPRISPA) from 2001 onwards given that they believed we could use the skills to fundraise for Privately Sponsored Students at the University.

I was however surprised when I checked at Cairo International Bank and the contact person Ssentongo Ishaq. A the Assistant Manager Operations kept telling me that they had not received funds to the credit of my account. As the Nomination date for Presidential Candidates got nearer, I wrote to the Governor Bank of Uganda about my problem and copied the letter to the Chairperson Electoral Commission (Letter attached).                                                                                  

I finally resigned with Cairo International Bank after I was told that the bank had not received any funds to the credit of my account. After sometime, when I checked at Cairo Bank, ULTRA SIMPLEX ENTERPRISES ACCOUNT - 000686 had been closed!

In 2015/ 2016 I used the then Barclays Bank and now ABSA UG to fundraise for President of Uganda. My second attempt at fundraising followed my failure to get correct information from Cairo International Bank regarding proceeds to my fundraising in 2010. I had all the hope in Barclays Bank.

In 2014, on my Birthday - 12th October, I decided to make a second attempt at fundraising to contest for the Presidency of Uganda. This time I made more serious work using my Blogs as reflected by the two web addresses below. Given my bad experience with Cairo Bank, I decided to try my luck using Barclays Bank Ltd.  I opened CURRENT ACCOUNT 6004631844 IN THE NAME: KIWANUKA KITUUKA. Unfortunately; my toil was to waste as no coin has ever been declared to me.

Below are the two blog addresses I used for my fundraising appeal:

http://billkiwanuka.blogspot.com/2014/10/kiwanuka-kituuka-for-2016-uganda.html?m=1

http://kiwanukaofunityinafederateduganda.blogspot.com/2015/05/kiwanuka-kituukas-appeal-for-financial_7.html?m=1

In August 2020, I decided to send my complaints to Bank of Uganda. Cairo Bank got my complaint from Bank of Uganda. I got a call from the Cairo Bank on 24th August 2020 – actually via Tel. +256782196936 registered in the name: Angelina Nyakake. It was acknowledgment that they had got my complaint. I responded to Bank of Uganda that the way to sort my matter with Cairo Bank was to have an audit of the transactions to account 000686 – Ultra Simplex Enterprises. This letter I copied to Cairo International Bank. Unfortunately, Cairo Bank has since not updated me of the developments.

On 7th September, 2020 I got an sms from ABSA Bank as below:

“Dear KIWANUKA KITUUKA we acknowledge receipt of your complaint logged with us. Ref: 19480976. Inquiries: 0800222333/ 256312218348 WhatsApp:  256700375750”.

There were two other sms I got from ABSA Bank on 9th September and 23rd September 2020. The wording of the sms is: “Dear KIWANUKA KITUUKA we would like to confirm that your complaint reference 19480976 is still under investigation. We will contact you upon resolution”.

By the time of writing this letter it is more than 3 months since the 1st communication from ABSA Bank and the bank has decided to completely keep quiet!

I have had a problem with Bank of Uganda in that since I wrote to them a letter dated 29th September 2010 as attached (Attachment 1), the Bank decided not to respond to the issues I raised. I only got a letter from Bank of Uganda in form of an email dated 28th December 2020 which I responded to on 29th December. I fail to understand why Bank of Uganda decided to work that way.   

Thank you Sir.

William Kituuka Kiwanuka

WILLIAM KITUUKA KIWANUKA.                   


ATTACHMENT NO.1

LETTER TO GOVERNOR BANK OF UGANDA

WILLIAM KITUUKA KIWANUKA

P. O. Box 33917,

KAMPALA.

Tel: +256714981628

Email: wkituuka@myself.com

29th September 2010

The Governor

Bank of Uganda

P. o. Box 7120,

Kampala.

Dear Sir,

RE: FUNDING FOR MY PRESIDENTIAL BID

Up to now, I am one of those who wish to stand as Independent candidates for President of Uganda.  Unfortunately, I cannot proceed to collect Nomination Papers if I have no funding, which funding I have endeavoured to campaign for widely.  Unfortunately, the contact email I circulated: williamkituuka@hotmail.com has for some time now mot been accessible to me for reasons which I am not aware of!  That means I cannot have information via that email address.  Time has run out as my last hope to be able to collect Nomination Papers is Friday, October 1st, 2010.

The purpose of this communication therefore is to kindly request the Bank in case there is any funding in my favour to avail information to me.  I look forward to maximum cooperation.

Yours faithfully,

William Kituuka Kiwanuka

cc Senior Staff bank of Uganda

cc The Electoral Commission

ATTACHMENT NO. 2

THE LETTER TO GOVERNOR BANK OF UGANDA FOR FUNDRAISING

11th January 2015

The Governor,

Bank of Uganda,

P. O. Box 7120,

Kampala.

Dear Prof. Emmanuel Tumusiime Mutebile,

RE: AN OPEN LETTER REGARDING FUNDRAISING OF SHS 60BN FOR MY PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN. 

The 2016 Presidential Elections are about 12 months from the date of this communication.   I happen to be one of the Prospect Presidential Candidates for the race.  However, you are aware that running for the Presidency is no joking matter.  It requires billions.  I have come up with a budget for my campaign marketing strategy of Ushs 60 bn as a candidate for a Government of National Unity.  To raise the required funds, I have sent out an appeal to the people of Uganda and the international community.  Many people out there are sympathetic to the situation Ugandans are going through, and these can readily support a candidate with a proposal to turn around the country for the better.

You are aware of the billions of shillings President Museveni invests in his campaigns, for example, the T-shirts and posters come up to astronomical amounts in shillings.  Please, give me the opportunity to receive this money if it is sent, because there is a possibility that it could be sent and diverted to other businesses without my knowledge.  I am ready to discuss expenditure plans with the Bank to ensure that the funds are not put to areas that may endanger national security.

I am a representative of forces for peaceful change of leadership in Uganda which is now.  I also believe that you would love to be in a peaceful country, and one of the ways you may call for instability is being selective by blocking funds to support a campaign like this while President Museveni has access to the National Treasury and is able to dictate.

I hope we shall have no problem with the Bank in case any friends extend a hand of help to this cause.

Thank you. 

Kiwanuka Kituuka

ATTACHMENT NO. 3

WILLIAM KITUUKA KIWANUKA

C/O KAJJANSI TOWN

25th August 2020

The Deputy Governor

Bank of Uganda

Kampala.

Dear Dr. Michael Atingi – Ego,

RE: A REQUEST FOR AN AUDIT OF CURRENT ACCOUNT NO. 000686 – ULTRA SIMPLEX ENTERPRISES NOW CLOSED WITH CAIRO INTERNATIONAL BANK UGANDA.

My communication follows from calls I have received from Cairo International Bank – Uganda through a Telephone number in the name: Angelina Nyakake 0782 196936 and 041723020050 from Cairo Bank International Uganda regarding a communication from Bank of Uganda of the proceeds from my fundraising in 2010. I imagine that it is wrong for a staff of Cairo Bank to interrogate me over telephone.

I opened Ultra Simplex Enterprises Account in Cairo Bank for collecting proceeds at a time when I was involved in publishing and printing Career Tips Magazine. I needed an account where I would deposit advertisers’ cheques. Somehow, business became difficult for me and the account became dormant.  However, in the course of 2010, I approached the officer who was in charge of activating accounts. I told him that I was interested in standing for President of Uganda, so I wanted him to revive Account 000686 in the name: Ultra Simplex Enterprises. He agreed.

I went and designed my Blog which I was to incorporate in an appeal for fundraising for President of Uganda in 2011.  I used to update the Blog regularly as I got new information to communicate. I did not only communicate locally to Ugandans and Uganda companies, but my appeal was international in nature and I sent out hundreds of emails.

I however realized that with time the emails I had used to send my appeals could not be accessed by myself.  I realized that there was external interference in my communication. In Cairo International Bank, I used to call on Sentongo Ishaq regarding receipt of any funds. He told me that they had not received funds at all. I was put off when I checked at the bank and was told that the account had not been declared dormant but had actually been closed.

I got resigned about the matter, however, I was shocked to learn from press reports of a huge fraud in Cairo International Bank where the bank had been involved in some conspiracy with the Ministry of Public Service to open Pensioner Accounts in names of pensioners but the actual beneficiaries of the money were people different from the real pensioners, and that the bank according to reports had charged each account shs 150,000 and that one till was used to pay out the money and the transaction was done once.

That development made me suspicious given that up to now I cannot believe that a person makes an appeal of the type I made internationally and locally to stand for President and he does not realize even US $1,000. I got interested in the court case where staff members of the Ministry of Public Service were charged with fraud, but then the source of the funds which was paid out has remained a mystery. The alleged beneficiaries (Pensioners) should have followed this case to its conclusion to recover money from all who benefitted. This has not been the case. This points to the possibility that the money though labeled for pensioners was actually not meant to benefit pensioners.

Since three of the accounts I used for the appeal collapsed: directoruse@yahoo.com; gogop@myself.com and williamkituuka@hotmail.com it is not possible for me to adduce evidence that I received money following this appeal for funding in the name among others: A Kind appeal for moral support and funding for my Independent Presidential bid.    

This fundraising was based on the skills I got from Regional Partnership for Resource Development (REPARED) and the use of the Internet for raising funds. I believe that there was good response to my appeal and I was denied the funds.

Having practiced as a commercial banker in my earlier career life, I know that the conclusive evidence regarding my matter can only be got from the bank itself or corresponding banks. If there had been no fraud in Cairo Bank involving fake pension accounts opened in the bank, I would surely not have any basis for this matter simply because all the documentary evidence I would have may be was in the accounts I ceased to operate as they were inaccessible in the same period.

Thank you.

William Kituuka Kiwanuka

WILLIAM KITUUKA KIWANUKA.


ATTACHMENT No. 4

THE CHARGE AND ALLEGATION;

This case came four months after the collapse of the sh165b pension scam case. The case was dismissed for lack of prosecution evidence after it had stalled for one a half years without any witness being produced in court.

According to the charge sheet, the embezzlement, fraud, conspiracy, false accounting and diversion took place in two financial years, 2010/2011 and 2011/2012.

Briefly, the three accused were said to have masterminded a fraud scheme using an unapproved payment system, in which they created ghost pensioner accounts, and then purportedly paid billions of shillings into these accounts, which money was eventually withdrawn by people who were part of this scheme. According to the State, the accused budgeted for NSSF, an item the ministry does not budget for and when the money was remitted, they diverted it to an unknown third party.

In his judgment Justice Lawrence Gidudu noted that the money was fraudulently paid to former employees of the defunct East African Community board. He also said that the sh88.2b was siphoned through a syndicate which was initiated at the ministry of public service, modified at the ministry of finance, perfected at the Bank of Uganda and executed by Cairo Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment