Friday 1 April 2022

I WILL NEVER FORGET APRIL, 2 2021.

 I WILL NEVER FORGET APRIL, 2 2021.


It all started with my failure to recover proceeds to my fundraising for President of Uganda on two occasions (In 2010 and 2015). An idea had come to my mind that I needed to show the doubting Thomases in authority in Uganda that I have the potential at fundraising.


On April 1st, I had been invited to attend a Good Friday evening Service at Ssekiwunga / Arkright Church of Uganda. It was worthy with Bishop Wilberforce Kityo Luwalira the Main Celebrant.


Early on 2nd April I was in a cafe at Kajjansi Town. This was after two of my laptops collapsed due to external factors. 


I entered the cafe with clues regarding how I was to make a blog for the Fundraising appeal for the Reconstruction of Makerere University Main Building. After an hour or so, I had completed making the blog.


At hand I had over 200 emails to which I sent a brief appeal together with the blog address. 


The email wording:


SUPPORT THE RECONSTRUCTION OF MAKERERE UNIVERSITY MAIN BUILDING (IVORY TOWER)


In the early hours of September 20, 2020 many were shocked to read the messages from the social media platforms of Makerere University that the iconic building - the Main Building at the University as old as 79 years was on fire.


The challenge at hand is reconstructing this Iconic building.


Information about Makerere University and the Main Building can be accessed on the web address below:


https://makmainbuildingreconstruction.blogspot.com/2021/04/support-reconstruction-of-makerere.html


PROFESSOR NAWANGWE THE VICE CHANCELLOR SAYS THAT, "THE UNIVERSITY WILL

NEED UP TO USD 5,714,285.7 TO RESTORE THE MAIN BUILDING”.


Unveiling the official contribution channels for support towards the

restoration of Iconic Main Administration Building the Vice Chancellor appealed to all well -wishers to make contributions through:


STANBIC BANK – UGANDA

SWIFT CODE FOR STANBIC BANK UGANDA: SBICUGKXXXX


ACCOUNT NUMBERS: 

1. 9030017778608 (USD)


2. 9030017778535 (UGX)


In case of any clarifications or advice to the University that you

remitted some funds, you can please contact:


Dr. Umar Kakumba,

Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs)

Emails: dvcaa@mak.ac.ug

Or: umar.kakumba@gmail.com


Mailing Address

Makerere University

P.O. Box 7062,

Kampala, UGANDA.


NB KINDLY SHARE THIS APPEAL TO ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS OR INSTITUTIONS

THAT YOU IMAGINE CAN SUPPORT THIS CAUSE.


I thank you.


William Kituuka Kiwanuka

Alumnus of Makerere University.


By around 11.00am, I was moving out of the cafe with a lot of excitement. 30 minutes or so after I had left the cafe, I received a WhatsApp message from a friend: “Archbishop Dr. Cyprian Kizito Lwanga found dead in his bed”. I did some searching on the Internet, indeed the Archbishop had passed on. 


I had attended some functions at St. Mary’s College, Kisubi and had got opportunity to know him. On all the functions I attended, I had the duty to report to the Old Boys of SMACK what transpired, hence I had opportunity to take photos and also communicated to SMACK Old Boys. It was a sad day. “But with God’s plans, no appeal”. May the Archbishop Rest In Peace.


Since I made the fundraising appeal for Makerere University, what surprised me is that much as Makerere University Administration is well aware of my innovation, they have never bothered to say: “Thank you to me”. 

Given this experience, “It is not surprising these days that when people die, it is normal for mourners to say, “God, forgive him or her  what he may have done wrong”.

Surely, for a person like myself, with an innovation which I did as an alumnus and whose efforts yielded positive results, it surprises that the University just remained indifferent.


That is life


Otherwise, I thank God Who enabled me to undertake that innovation. At least authorities in Uganda must by now know that where fundraising from outside Uganda is involved, I have the potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment