Monday 25 January 2021

MY BATTLE WITH BANK OF UGANDA

 22nd January 2021


The Governor 
Bank of Uganda 
P. O Box 7120,
KAMPALA.

Dear Prof. Emmanuel Tumusiime Mutebile,

RE: RESOLVING THE ISSUE OF PROCEEDS TO MY FUNDRAISING FOR PRESIDENT OF UGANDA IN 2010 USING CAIRO INTERNATIONAL BANK AND IN 2015 WHERE BARCLAYS BANK NTINDA (ABSA) WAS ASSIGNED THE ROLE.

January 2021 marks 11 painful years of waiting to get the proceeds to my fundraising to stand for President of Uganda. I talked to Cairo Bank International Kampala staff in 2010. The intention was the re - activation of my then Dormant Account in the name: Ultra Simplex Enterprises - Account No. 000686. My wish was granted by the bank after I told them that I wanted to use it for fundraising purposes so that I would be able to stand for President of Uganda in 2011.

Having got my Appeal Blog ready and running on Internet, what remained was sending out hundreds of emails that I randomly got either from books or after searching the Internet.                                                                                                                                                                   
All I needed was a simple message requesting for financial support to be able to stand for President of Uganda in 2011, and part of the content of the message included Current Account No. 000686 in the name: Ultra Simplex Enterprises as well as Cairo International Bank’s Swift code. I also added the Blog address whose content was meant to induce potential donors to fund my cause.

I was not only surprised, but shocked when I checked on Sentongo Ishaq A who was Asst. Manager Operations in Cairo International Bank a number of times regarding credits to my account. His response in all cases was: ‘No funds had been received to the credit of my account’.

As time was running out to the Collection of Nomination papers from Uganda’s Electoral Commission by those who wanted to stand for President, I decided to write to you the CEO of Bank of Uganda and a number of senior staff at Bank of Uganda and also copied the letter to the Electoral Commission. I expressed my concern that I was not getting a positive response from Cairo Bank and it had rang a bell in my mind that something was wrong. I expected Bank of Uganda to help in rectifying the anomaly and timely. A copy of the email letter dated 29th September 2010 is attached (Attachment No. 1) as proof.
The letter in part says: “Up to now, I am one of those who wish to stand as independent candidates for President of Uganda. I cannot proceed to collect Nomination Papers if I have no funding, which funding I have endeavored to campaign for widely, unfortunately, the contact email I circulated: williamkituuka@hotmail.com has for some time not been accessible to me for reasons which I am not aware of! That means, I cannot have information via that email address. Time has run out as my last hope to be able to collect Nomination papers is Friday, October 1st 2010.                                      
The purpose of this communication therefore is to kindly request the Bank in case there is any funding in my favor to avail information to me. I look forward to maximum cooperation’.

Prof, I listed your email first and others followed. I expect that you got the email the communication. I know it is the norm to address such letters to the CEO, but the system is at liberty to have the communication sent to the appropriate or concerned authority for action. I have endeavored to have this letter hand delivered and addressed directly to you for your attention so that appropriate action is taken. 

Having failed to access the funds I received where Cairo International Bank (now Cairo Bank Uganda) was the collecting Bank, I was not able to proceed with the Nomination process. Attachment No. 2 was my appeal and plan for launching my Presidential bid. What I decided to do may be termed ‘A tactical withdrawal’. I knew that with time there was the possibility of knowing the exact truth because, sincerely, there was no way the type of appeal which I made and sent out worldwide could fail to realize even US$1,000. As far as am concerned, telling me that I had not raised money was a miscalculation on the part of those who defrauded me.

I knew that my approach to fundraising for such a position was not common in Uganda, but would definitely payoff. I think the various parties in the fraud on seeing funds come in to my credit were tempted to use their positions to deny me access. They thought that they were smart, but time has proved them wrong.

After sometime, I learnt that there had been a ‘Pension Scam’ in Cairo International Bank. I waited to get to know where the funds were from.                It was clear to me that part of the loot was supposed to be proceeds to my fundraising, but I waited to learn from the court proceedings. The extract from the court judgment regarding the Pension Scam refers (Attachment No. 3).          I wish to quote: “In his judgment Justice Lawrence Gidudu noted that the money was fraudulently paid to former employees of the defunct East African Community Board. He also said that the sh88.2b was siphoned through a syndicate which was initiated at the ministry of public service, modified at the ministry of finance, perfected at the Bank of Uganda and executed by Cairo Bank”.

With time, it is clear that the ‘Pension Scam’ was a scheme where some Bank of Uganda staff were involved. This according to me goes to explain the reason why I did not get any response from Bank of Uganda given my email of 29th September 2010. The plans were in high gear to deny me the funds.

Prof. Mutebile, I happen to have been a Commercial Banker for some years. What surprised me is that the ‘Pension Scam’ when unearthed left Cairo Bank International intact. As Supervisors of Commercial Banks it was so bad to leave ‘soiled beans’ to spoil the banking industry. There were no punitive measures to Cairo Bank that became public knowledge, it was business as usual! It was reported that Cairo Bank charged each of the fraudulent accounts’ beneficiaries shs 150,000! Each account was allowed one withdraw and it would be closed, and the names of beneficiaries (those whose photos appeared on the Account Forms) were not corresponding to the names of the beneficiaries in whose names the accounts were opened! And, that a Till was reserved for the purpose of with Rehma as Cashier! There is no way Cairo International Bank would have remained in business in Uganda given such a scandal. Its license was not withdrawn simply because some Bank of Uganda staff were party to the deal.
Prof, I continued having ambitions of getting big money to Uganda. So, in 2014 on my Birthday in October, I decided to try a second chance at fundraising to stand for President of Uganda in 2016. This time, I did more serious work. I put up two Blogs. The challenge was getting a credible bank which would not do what Cairo Bank International did to me in 2010. I decided to approach Barclays Bank Ntinda Branch. The Manager accepted to open for me an account in the name: Kiwanuka Kituuka - Account No. 6004631844. This time, I included the details of the Bank Account in my Appeal for support that featured in my Blog on the Internet. I thought it very important to inform Bank of Uganda of my intentions and that I had a target of shs 60bn budget to raise to be able to effectively stand for President of Uganda in 2016. The email letter to the Governor Bank of Uganda is attached. Attachment No. 4 refers. The email letter is dated 11th January 2015. Even this time round, Bank of Uganda did not endeavor to reply!

I imagine, another scheme was hatched to deny me access to funds raised possibly with cooperation by some staff in Bank of Uganda.

Prof Sir, these matters CANNOT be left hanging. The truth needs to be established. The truth is: I raised funds to my Appeals for support and some Bank of Uganda staff with cooperation of some other people denied me access to the proceeds to my appeal unlawfully.

In the normal course of the Banker / Customer relationship, if there are any issues concerning such fundraising, they are brought direct to the attention of the owner of the account and a way forward is amicably got to. This was never done in the case of my fundraising; hence the motive was simply to defraud me having made sure that I had lost touch with the funders given the collapse of my email communication.                                                                                                                  My appeals are very clear and they still run on the Internet. I know that Government taxes such donations or can even decide to deny one access to some funding if there are questions either given the source or other reason. This never happened in my case because those behind the scheme thought that I am ignorant. 

What happened involving Cairo International Bank which has changed name to Cairo Bank Uganda as well as in Barclays Bank currently called ABSA Uganda are outright fraudulent undertakings which Bank of Uganda has to sort to make good of my rights as a Ugandan who did not break any law in making an appeal for financial support.

Prof, this time round I expect maximum cooperation to have these issues amicably sorted. It does not help Bank of Uganda to keep me in a ‘hide and seek game’, I am beyond that. These developments in the Banking industry are not working to the credit of Uganda Commercial banks nor Bank of Uganda. I seek justice.

There is a saying: “What goes around comes around”.

I remain 

Yours sincerely,

William Kituuka Kiwanuka 

WILLIAM KITUUKA KIWANUKA.


ATTACHMENT No. 1

From: The Morning Star Magazine <themorningstarmagazine@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 at 09:34
Subject: RE: FUNDING FOR MY PRESIDENTIAL BID

To: <etmutebile@bou.or.ug>, <pbyabakama@bou.or.ug>, <gnyeko@bou.or.ug>, <jmubangizi@bou.or.ug>, <pkagoro@bou.or.ug>, <bkasozi@bou.or.ug>, <dkihangire@bou.or.ug>, <jbagyenda@bou.or.ug>, <pmusinguzi@bou.or.ug>, <dkabahweza@bou.or.ug>, <adkabugu@bou.or.ug>, <cowinyi@bou.or.ug>, <jkijjambu@bou.or.ug>, <jchemonges@bou.or.ug>, <aobbo@bou.or.ug>, <jykwalusimbi@bou.or.ug>, <ekalule@bou.or.ug>, <nnasasira@bou.or.ug>, <skaboyo@bou.or.ug>, <cabuka@bou.or.ug>, <hopondo@bou.or.ug>, <emwenebirinda@bou.or.ug>, <rfmayebo@bou.or.ug>, <tnsereko@bou.or.ug>, <aopio@bou.or.ug>, <emwebya@bou.or.ug>, <mkatarikawe@bou.or.ug>, <arwekikiga@bou.or.ug>, <wkajubi@bou.or.ug>, <mkkasule@bou.or.ug>, <trichardson@imf.org>, <ckoenigsperger@bou.or.ug>, <mbrownbridge@bou.or.ug>

WILLIAM KITUUKA KIWANUKA

P. O. Box 33917,

KAMPALA.

Tel: +256714981628

Email: wkituuka@myself.com

29th September 2010

The Governor

Bank of Uganda

P. o. Box 7120,

Kampala.

Dear Sir,

RE: FUNDING FOR MY PRESIDENTIAL BID

Up to now, I am one of those who wish to stand as
Independent candidates for President of Uganda. 
Unfortunately, I cannot proceed to collect Nomination Papers if I have
no funding, which funding I have endeavoured to campaign for widely.  Unfortunately, the contact email I
circulated: williamkituuka@hotmail.com has for some time now mot been accessible to me for reasons which I am not aware
of!  That means I cannot have information
via that email address.  Time has run out
as my last hope to be able to collect Nomination Papers is Friday, October 1st,
2010.

The purpose of this communication therefore is to
kindly request the Bank in case there is any funding in my favour to avail
information to me.  I look forward to
maximum cooperation.

Yours
faithfully,

William Kituuka Kiwanuka

cc
Senior Staff bank of Uganda

cc
The Electoral Commission

ATTACHMENT No. 2

From: <gogop@myself.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 at 12:02
Subject: A Kind Appeal for Moral Support and Funding for my Independent Presidential Candidate bid
To: <gogop@myself.com>

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am presenting myself as an Independent Presidential candidate in Uganda’s

forthcoming General Elections.  The support is to be able to reach the Uganda Voters so that they get to know that they can have a better future given the circumstances prevailing.  The needed funds are to be spent on among
other things the following:

1. Purchase of a 4 wheel drive vehicle to facilitate travel countrywide in collecting the required signatures around the various districts of Uganda.
2. Purchase of fuel for vehicle.
3. Repairs and maintenance costs of the vehicle.
4. Running adverts both in the print and electronic media.
5. Printing out literature for distribution.
6. Printing Posters to be distributed countrywide.
7.  Meeting the Nomination fee
8. Printing the manifesto copies for distribution after nomination
9. Paying allowances to helpers.
10. Rent for office space countrywide.
11. Paying for mobile phone airtime.
12. Paying for accommodation.
13. Purchase some computers, a printer and UPS.
14. Purchase a Public Address system and a generator.
15. Paying for airtime for talk shows.

Given strategies that will utilize Information and Communication Technology, I am quite sure that I will be able to reach the people and have them appreciate the strategy I have to see them a happy and prosperous people in a Country
Gifted by nature in the name of Uganda.

I kindly appeal to you to support my bid for the Presidency of Uganda as an Independent Candidate.  I will be launching my bid for Nomination on Sunday 3, October 2010 this will be at our home Church Ssisa, about three and a half miles from Kawuku Trading Centre (Entebbe Highway) along Nakawuka road.  The function will be the 6th Anniversary for the death of my father, Besuel Kiwanuka.  Thereafter, I will have about 20 days to collect signatures to back my nomination from the districts of Uganda; which Nominations are scheduled for October 25, 2010.

My particulars can be accessed from the link: http://www.williamkituuka.blogspot.com/

While feedback can be through the link: http://goodgovernancepractice.webs.com/contactme.htm


Thank you.
Yours faithfully,

William Kituuka Kiwanuka

ATTACHMENT N0. 3

THE CHARGE AND ALLEGATION;
This case came four months after the collapse of the sh165b pension scam case. The case was dismissed for lack of prosecution evidence after it had stalled for one a half years without any witness being produced in court.
According to the charge sheet, the embezzlement, fraud, conspiracy, false accounting and diversion took place in two financial years, 2010/2011 and 2011/2012.

Briefly, the three accused were said to have masterminded a fraud scheme using an unapproved payment system, in which they created ghost pensioner accounts, and then purportedly paid billions of shillings into these accounts, which money was eventually withdrawn by people who were part of this scheme. According to the State, the accused budgeted for NSSF, an item the ministry does not budget for and when the money was remitted, they diverted it to an unknown third party.

In his judgment Justice Lawrence Gidudu noted that the money was fraudulently paid to former employees of the defunct East African Community board. He also said that the sh88.2b was siphoned through a syndicate which was initiated at the ministry of public service, modified at the ministry of finance, perfected at the Bank of Uganda and executed by Cairo Bank.

ATTACHMENT No. 4

From: William Kituuka<wkituuka@myself.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 at 10:59
Subject: 11th January 2015 The Governor, Bank of Uganda, P. O. Box 7120, Kampala. Dear Prof. Emmanuel Tumusiime Mutebile, RE: AN OPEN LETTER REGARDING FUNDRAISING OF SHS 60BN FOR MY PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN
To: etmutebile@bou.or.ug<etmutebile@bou.or.ug>


11th January 2015


The Governor,

Bank of Uganda,

Kampala.


Dear Prof. Emmanuel Tumusiime Mutebile,

RE: AN OPEN LETTER REGARDING FUNDRAISING OF SHS 60BN FOR MY PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN

The 2016 Presidential Elections are about 12 months from the date of this communication.   I happen to be one of the Prospect Presidential Candidates for the race.  However, you are aware that running for the Presidency is no joking matter.  It requires billions.  I have come up with a budget for my campaign marketing strategy of Ushs 60 bn as a candidate for a Government of National Unity.  To raise the required funds, I have sent out an appeal to the people of Uganda and the international community.  Many people out there are sympathetic to the situation Ugandans are going through, and these can readily support a candidate with a proposal to turn around the country for the better.

You are aware of the billions of shillings President Museveni invests in his campaigns, for example, the T-shirts and posters come up to astronomical amounts in shillings.  Please, give me the opportunity to receive this money if it is sent, because there is a possibility that it could be sent and diverted to other businesses without my knowledge.  I am ready to discuss expenditure plans with the Bank to ensure that the funds are not put to areas that may endanger national security.

I am a representative of forces for peaceful change of leadership in Uganda which is now.  I also believe that you would love to be in a peaceful country, and one of the ways you may call for instability is being selective by blocking funds to support a campaign like this while President Museveni has access to the National Treasury and is able to dictate.

I hope we shall have no problem with the Bank in case any friends extend a hand of help to this cause.


Thank you.




Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment