Sunday 31 January 2021

THE SPEECH KITUUKA WROTE FOR BROTHER COSMAS KAFEERO FOR HIS GOLDEN JUBILEE

Brother (Dr) Cosmas Kiwanuka Kafeero’s Speech on the occasion of his Golden Jubilee as a Brother of Christian Instruction – 2nd January 2014.


            Brethren, I stand firm today to thank the Almighty God in no mean terms for the much fruitful life He has accorded me as a Brother of Christian Instruction, and it is time to celebrate the 50 years today.  My name is Brother (Dr) Cosmas Kafeero, son of the Late Joseph Kisanafutekizindwa Lwanga of Kabuwo Village:  Bukunda - Ttala in Masaka Diocese.  I made my 1st Religious Commitment in 1963, I thank God for He has not only helped me to get religious nourishment and growth, but Has also guided me well through the various academic ladders up to a Doctorate for which I thank Him so much.  And, armed with the spiritual guidance as well as the academic credentials, I have been able to nurture many not only in the field of academics for various achievements, but also in spiritual guidance. 


            Religious Brotherhood can be a way of life that will bring you deep peace, real fulfillment, and great satisfaction in knowing that you are closely following Christ.  The work that a Brother does is largely dependent on his own talents, gifts, and interests.  The spirit of faith induces a Brother to see God in all things, to suffer everything for God, and above all to sanctify himself. The spirit of zeal attracts him towards children to instruct them in the truths of religion and penetrate their hearts with the maxims of the Gospel, so that they may make it the rule of their conduct.


            In thanking God, I wish to refer to the Scriptures below:


1.      “We serve a God who keeps His promises... every single time. But how do you make it through the gap between receiving the promise and the promise being fulfilled? How do you keep the faith?” – Luke 1: 46 – 79


2.      “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.”               1 Chronicles 16:34.


3.      “I will give thanks to the LORD because of His righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.” Psalm 7: 17


4.      “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.” Psalm 28: 7


5.      “Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” Psalm 106:1


“Aging is a challenge to an adult. In my case, the health problem which is hypertensive; was very difficult to identify as an individual. So I could not identify that condition until I suffered a devastating stroke. In this condition, speech failed and even other skills could not be exercised.” I thank God that through sickness, He has enabled me to endure, and I keep thanking him for the life He has given me, and the abilities for my life career.  To all who have made sacrifices to see me through my sickness and for all the prayers, I am most grateful.  I am very grateful to the institution of the Brothers of Christian Instruction, and to the members of St. Mary’s College Kisubi Community.

 

In life we make mistakes, I wish to say sorry to anybody I may have wronged in my career life as a Brother and also as a teacher. Please forgive me.

 


            I pledge to serve the Lord our creator for all my remaining days in life.  So, help me God.














 

No comments:

Post a Comment